I comply with the regulations set out in the Data Protections act and the GDPR.
Statement of Intent
This policy sets out how we at Sarah Hibberd Hypnotherapy use and protect information that you provide when you use our services.
We intend to ensure that all information that you provide us is managed with the utmost respect, kept secure, and only used for the purpose for which it has been provided.
This policy may be updated in line with legislation as appropriate.
When you contact us via telephone, website, social media platform messaging, or email we will collect your;
Any information that you choose to provide us with when contacting us via these methods.
What we do with this information
We use this information in order to contact you in response to your enquiry and to discuss your requirements.
If you progress to make an appointment with us, you will be asked for additional information during the initial assessment, and you will be informed of how this information is stored and used. Details will also be provided regarding the recording, storing, and use of information that you share within subsequent sessions.
During your initial session and subsequent sessions you will be asked to provide your:
Name, address, email address, and telephone number in order that we may contact you during our time working together.
Your GP details and relevant health information in order to protect you as there are certain situations in which hypnotherapy may be contraindicated.
Additional information that you share may be recorded in order to plan future treatment sessions which specifically meet your individual requirements, and to monitor your progress.
Under the General Data Protection Regulations of May 25th 2018 you have the right to;
- the right to be informed (which is why we have produced this policy).
- the right of access (if you wish to see your file then please make a request in writing to Sarah HibberdHypnotherapy, the Data Processor. We will provide you with the information within 30 days of your request).
- the right to rectification (this is your right to request changes to any information we hold that is factually inaccurate. If you believe any of the information we hold about you is incorrect then please let us know as soon as possible and we will make the appropriate changes
- the right to erasure (given the nature of our work we are required to hold our details for a period of 7 years, after this your information will be securely destroyed.)
- the right to restrict processing (we will only use the information for the purposes that we have stated: most standards of confidentiality applied in professional contexts are based upon the Common Law concept of confidentiality where the duty to keep confidence is measured against the concept of “greater good”. If in the therapist’s opinion there is good cause to believe that not to disclose would cause danger or serious harm to self, the therapist or others, your GP or other appropriate agencies may be contacted. Only information required to ensure safety of relevant parties would be disclosed. Information may have to be disclosed without consent for the prevention, detection or prosecution of a crime. The sharing of anonymous case histories with supervisors and peer support groups is not a breach of professional confidentiality
- the right to data portability: we will not share your information, other than in the situations described above, without your specific consent
- the right to object (we will not contact you for marketing purposes unless you have given us specific agreement to do so)
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling (we will not use your information for profiling purposes).
Cookies are small files which ask permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive so that we can analyse web traffic to our site. Through this we can see which of our website’s pages are being viewed and are of interest. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can modify your setting to decline them if you prefer. If you choose to do this you may find you cannot make full use of our website.
Links to other websites
ICO Registration No: ZA342446